Compostable Plastic Bags
100% Compostable Plastic Bags
Our compostable plastic bags are 100% compostable meaning you can line your compost caddies with these compostable liners and through it all in the compost without having to worry about the effects on the environment.
Currently, the UK generates over 30 million tonnes of household waste every year, approximately 35% of which is garden and kitchen waste.
Compostable Plastic Bag Solution
Through continued research, development, and field trials, Polystar are proud to be the only specialised UK manufacturer of next generation, 100% compostable bags.
Advantages of Compostable Plastic Bags
The main advantage is that our bio-plastic does not contain any starch. Starch is sensitive to moisture so if you left standard compostable bags in damp conditions (e.g. inside the bin or under the sink), they can begin to prematurely degrade. This can lead to your waste ending up on the floor and not in the composter.
Why Choose Compostable Plastic Bags?
Our technology that makes our compostable bags is a blend of co-polyester and PLA (sugar cane, which is a renewable resource).
The benefits of this compostable solution are:
- Outstanding mechanical properties and perform in a way similar to regular polythene bags and film
- Very high content of natural resource raw material
- Superior breathability
- Excellent ink adhesion for professional print quality
Our compostable plastic bags all adhere to the following specifications:
- Are manufactured in the UK at our own facility.
- EN13432 Accredited
- Can be made in any size although the most common are 7 or 10 litre caddy liner, 25 litre bag and 80 litre sack.
- Available on a roll or loose in boxes
- Fully printable with your logo and details
For large local authority clients, we have various initiatives including free tree planting. This helps the countryside, increases our biodiversity, and raises significant awareness in local communities from the PR generated.
This symbol and number say that we make a bag that is certified biodegradable and safe for composting. We are really proud of this.